I meant to post this on New Year’s day, but the new year is starting fairly busy. It looks like quite few places are cold, the East Coast is getting snow in places that haven’t seen snow in decades, we have presidents getting in Twitter arguments over button sizes, and a great many other things happening in the world. It’s easy to get lost in it all. I’m not going to do that.
I don’t typically do resolutions, but I do have goals for myself this year. I have a couple journeys you’ll get to join me on this year. What are they?
1. Paying off the credit card is number one. Unless something unexpected happens, this should be done by summer.
2. Build up emergency fund. Right now, I have enough saved for one month. The emergency fund need to be for at least 6 months. This is priority two. When the credit card is paid off, extra money is diverted into this.
3. Diversify portfolio. I just jumped into the world of investing. I’ve been doing research, so a small percentage of income is heading into investments this year. This is outside of retirement accounts.
4. The big hope for this year is to own a home by the end of it. This will be my first home, and there’s a part of me that is extremely frightened by being tied to one location.
5. Get healthier again. I was doing very well living primally, but not having a great kitchen in which to cook, and easier options available for food have lead to a heavier, unhealthier me. So, the plan is to cut back on sugars and get back to P90X (unless someone has other recommendations).
So, that’s my first foray into 2018 thoughts. There are travel thoughts and a couple other things that would be nice, but priorities dictate those take back seat. I’ll reexamine at the halfway point.
Welcome 2018. This should be a very interesting year.
Until next time